View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 04, 2008, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
Thanks for the youtube link, it's the first I've actually been able to see the play.

It's about as close as close can get - my impression of the video is that the shot probably was off in time, but no way to tell for sure due to the quality of video.

Those are outstanding officials that got that game (biggest class boys championship gets the "highest rated" around here), and I'm sure they made the call based on all the evidence they had.
Its amazing to me how easy it is to call a play like this from the comfort of my lounge chair with the ability to stop/play, stop/play. You most definitely cannot fault the officials for a play that is this close without the ability to go to a courtside monitor for either ruling it go or not, IMO.

If you look @ the Youtube video and pause it @ the 38 second mark, then play/pause all the way up until the shot is released you can see the ball in the air while the LED lights are not on around the backboard.

Again this is with us slowing a real time play down & watching it over and over again to see. IMO, this would be next to impossible to know for sure if it was good or not. I'm not saying they guessed, I'm just saying that as close as the play was it could've went either way.