View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 04, 2008, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Well, I thought that the first half was very physical and should have been more whistles. Clearly, UCONN was getting all of the calls and Rutgers was scrammbling and in my own opinion was being fouled. As far as the intentional, the lead was kind of out of position for that kind of foul and indeed had a common foul first and then changed it to an intentional at the end due to the way the play hit the floor. I think the C should have had a whistle as well. Maybe they did. Couple of times UCONN had the ball in the paint and clearly traveled and there was no call. I think the whistle should have been blown a bit more and maybe there would have not been an intentional foul. Also, did you see the UCONN player swing at the Rutgers player?
Geno sure didn't think he was getting all the calls!! Rutgers also travelled in the paint quite a bit. I saw a couple of very, very questionable no-calls that UConn committed, one which was obviously retaliatory, when I thought Rutgers should have gotten called. Overall, they let too much go for my taste, but I thought it was pretty much both ways. Talk about beating each other up in the post!