View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 11:11pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDave
I wore mine last year for around 12 games or so without doing anything but wiping them off and running a Kiwi Instant Shine sponge over them. Then they got scuffed, muddy, etc. I then started polishing them with Kiwi Parade Gloss black paste polish-5 or 6 coats with stiff shoebrush buffing after each coat. I even coated the White/Grey "N"'s on the sides. After this base coat I spit shined them once or twice with cotton balls, cold water(w/ice in it) and parade gloss then after that I discovered Kiwi Honor Guard liquid polish. It goes on wet and covers everything. Takes less than five minutes to apply and the liquid dries in ten or fifteen minutes. I estimate 60 coats or more of the liquid polish last summer as I polished with this stuff after every game. Very shiny finish and the N's got blacked out for a dressier look. Not patent leather shiny but close. I got a lot of positive commentary and questioning about the shine from other umpires.

MajorDave:

Only a Marine (and I address you as a Marine with all due respect) would take the time to get the shine you do on your shoes. I am thinking that you could start a cottage industry shining the shoes of your fellow umpires.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio