View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 09:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
My objection to the OP isn't that he doesn't like working women's games. I know there are officials that don't like it, and while I certainly don't agree (I like women's games), they're entitled to their opinion.

My objection was to the belittling of women's sports: boys' games are somehow a "reward" for doing girls' games, and we need to "move up through" the girls -ugh!- to get to the good stuff, and only the good refs get boys' games. The fact of the matter is that there is good reffing, and it applies to girls games, and it applies to boys games. If his association really does set up their structure such that the sentences he said are just part of life in his area, then some coaches need to sue. It's just plain illegal.

And, Camron, the main reason I want to do boys' games is for variety. I would NOT want to do only boys. There are boys games that are faster, scores tend to go higher than girls, and that's fun. But there aren't many (if any) boys games that are better than Southridge/Central Catholic girls, unless a person just likes boys play better. For me, it's not a boy/girl thing, it's just variety. I like doing some of each.

ALso because if I don't do some boys' games every season, there are four tournaments for which I"m not eligible. I really would like to change that, but until it gets adjusted, I need to get some boys games every year, so that I can get to Pendleton someday.