View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 08:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
I suppose it's possible to be more patronizing and misogynistic, but I can't quite imagine you posting it and having it stay on this board. You've managed to insult pretty much everyone involved in women's and girls' basketball.

But, I'm the one that'll take the heat for writing this, not you for what you wrote.

Still, I need to just point it out. Not that arguing will change anything. But women and girls who read this board need to know that not everyone is as obnoxious as you about this subject. A lot of us know that belittling women's and girls' sports isn't manly, just very small-minded.
Every time someone does not take a glowing stand for working girl's basketball, you take it personally. The reality is many people do not like girl's basketball. Women's basketball is a money loser on most college campuses. It is a money loser on TV, which is why they seem to only show the top teams on TV and not the many, middle of the road teams you see on ESPN or Fox. I am sure there are small places in this country where girl's and Women's basketball is seen as higher and on par with boy's and Men's basketball. But that is not the case in most cases and every time someone says they would rather work a Boy's game, you make it sound like they are the worst person in the world. This is why I am glad I can choose or I would focus more on college ball that would make it clear I would have to choose anyway. Believe me, if you change the topic to baseball and softball, I do not see many people belittling working softball. It is not just about gender.

Peace