View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
I suppose it's possible to be more patronizing and misogynistic, but I can't quite imagine you posting it and having it stay on this board. You've managed to insult pretty much everyone involved in women's and girls' basketball.

But, I'm the one that'll take the heat for writing this, not you for what you wrote.

Still, I need to just point it out. Not that arguing will change anything. But women and girls who read this board need to know that not everyone is as obnoxious as you about this subject. A lot of us know that belittling women's and girls' sports isn't manly, just very small-minded.
Juulie, I can't see any statement he made about girls ball except for the implication that officials in his area are given the chance at girls before they're given a shot at boys and that proving yourself at girls ball can earn you a boys game. That is not any different here...and probably not any different where the same officials pool work both boys and girls. That is not to say there aren't some absolutely great officials who concentrate on girls ball....just a fact of what is the typical advancement pattern. I really can't see how it is even remotely insulting or belittling.

He may have even implied he preferred boys ball. Given the choice, and ignoring secondary factors outside the game itself, how may officials (men or women) would chose to work the same level boys varsity game or state tournament over the girls? How may women officials want to work boys games? Why do they want to if the girls games are just as good?

You can wish all you want that all/more officials would like girls games just as much as boys games but you really have no right to tell others that it is wrong to prefer one over the other or that they can't state their preferences.