View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 06:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
This was my 2nd season patched (IAABO State) originally I got 17 varsity games in the draw (mostly girls) but I ended up doing 29 varsity games due to my daily grind. It became well known to assignors & area directors midway through the season that if I wasn't working, then I would be at the high caliber game of the night watching & taking notes. And I always stayed for the varsity game if I did the JV game. Apparently those things help!

My 1st time in the post season & I was blessed with the opportunity to work 3 BOYS games (2A & 3A boys Districts, 4A boys 2nd round).

I didn't get "the sweet 16 email" yesterday so I'm done... unfortunately

It seems as though each time I feel that I accomplish something in this avocation, I find reasons to keep pushing to get better.

I guess working the girls games (not that there's anything wrong with that) without any complaints during the regular season earned me the boys in the post season. So that's a plus!
I guess working the U2 position during the regular season without any complaints earned me the U1 position in the post season. Another plus!

So now I need to work harder this summer to earn the boys games in the regular season, earn the right to be an R & go deeper into the playoffs next year.

Special thanks to the board for assisting me in getting better!! I learned so much about game management, rules knowledge & unusual situations. I wouldn't have progressed the way I have without Officiating.com

JRut & JR I know we've had our moments but thanks for keeping me in line. I learned so much from you two!
I suppose it's possible to be more patronizing and misogynistic, but I can't quite imagine you posting it and having it stay on this board. You've managed to insult pretty much everyone involved in women's and girls' basketball.

But, I'm the one that'll take the heat for writing this, not you for what you wrote.

Still, I need to just point it out. Not that arguing will change anything. But women and girls who read this board need to know that not everyone is as obnoxious as you about this subject. A lot of us know that belittling women's and girls' sports isn't manly, just very small-minded.