View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 02:58pm
Ch1town

My season is <sniff> over

This was my 2nd season patched (IAABO State) originally I got 17 varsity games in the draw (mostly girls) but I ended up doing 29 varsity games due to my daily grind. It became well known to assignors & area directors midway through the season that if I wasn't working, then I would be at the high caliber game of the night watching & taking notes. And I always stayed for the varsity game if I did the JV game. Apparently those things help!

My 1st time in the post season & I was blessed with the opportunity to work 3 BOYS games (2A & 3A boys Districts, 4A boys 2nd round).

I didn't get "the sweet 16 email" yesterday so I'm done... unfortunately

It seems as though each time I feel that I accomplish something in this avocation, I find reasons to keep pushing to get better.

I guess working the girls games (not that there's anything wrong with that) without any complaints during the regular season earned me the boys in the post season. So that's a plus!
I guess working the U2 position during the regular season without any complaints earned me the U1 position in the post season. Another plus!

So now I need to work harder this summer to earn the boys games in the regular season, earn the right to be an R & go deeper into the playoffs next year.

Special thanks to the board for assisting me in getting better!! I learned so much about game management, rules knowledge & unusual situations. I wouldn't have progressed the way I have without Officiating.com

JRut & JR I know we've had our moments but thanks for keeping me in line. I learned so much from you two!