View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Kicked it most likely...

Saturday I think I completely blew a call....It was a bit of a strange play and I had a major mental lapse and even took a couple seconds after my whistle pondering what I was going to signal...I know this is one you had to be there to see it probably...

A1 goes up for a shot in the lane....B1 playing D, jumps with him and slaps him on his forearm, no body contact just a loud slap that was very visible.... A1 never released the ball and comes back down to the court with the ball still in his hands....

I whistled B1 for a shooting foul...B Coach wanted travel...

The contact on the arm was very obvious but as I sit here on Monday morning replaying this play...I'm trying to determine if the contact really prevented the shooter from releasing the shot (perhaps he couldn't continue his shooting motion so he just came back down with it) causing disad for the O...However, the shooter didn't react like he just got nailed and it didn't dislodge the ball from the shooter as he still had control of it when he returned to the floor so I'm thinking I just blew this one BAD!

Thoughts...