View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2008, 08:55am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin green
In the OP maybe one of the officials should have seen the clock but I see nothing by rule these guys did wrong. Coach should learn 1) to trust their players 2) and learn the rules. In her interview stated
even though it’s a correctable error. Oh really under what provision is this correctable?
The article claims the shooter hit the shot at 3.8... I wonder where they got that from the synchronized clock with the video feed?

Dont blame the officials for a stupid coaching mistake. She stated with .3 seconds she never would have called time out Oh really didnt I just see a Big Sky game that tried something along the same line?

Do you think she was actually looking at the clock? She also stated there must have been at least 2 seconds (nice even number)? Nice guess on reaction time... What we dont know as Paul Harvey called it the " rest of the story"...

Did the whistle blow correctly and the time so enthralled in a tight game forgot to shut the clock off? We'll never know..

No one watched the clock (not great game management but understandable given a one point game going to the buzzer. Who is not to say thy did not look up at that point in time and see the clock stopped?
Why are you banging on the coach? She didn't bang on the officials. Her statement that is was a correctable error, while the wrong verbiage, is correct in that if an official had seen ?.? on the clock the time could have been corrected. And nowhere in the article did she claim the officials did anything wrong procedurially or rules-wise. Only that she feels her time-out came with more time on the clock than the officials ruled.