View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 01, 2008, 04:43pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
That situation has nothing to do with this one. They were informed they had zero timeouts and they knew it. If I'm coaching and I send my statistician to the scorer to confirm timeouts remaining and they say I got one, I should feel justified in calling one. Also, the scorer failed to fulfill his duties in informing the head coach through the officials that he had zero remaining.
Bull pucky that situation has nothing to do with this one. In both cases, both teams were granted six TO's. It can't be a scorer's mistake if that actually has happened. It can only be a scorer's mistake if he has got the number of TO's granted wrong. No matter how much you want to ignore that, it is fact. It is also a fact that there is no mechanism in place that will deal with a scorer giving out wrong information. That is a league or a conference problem, not the officials'. Officials have to follow the rules. And if you, as an official, refuse to issue a "T" to a team that has requested and been granted 6 TO's, you are not following the rules as written.