View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 29, 2008, 09:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
Jurassic,
Could you cite a case book play that states that this is not correctable?

Every assignor there said to get the team out of the huddle and resume from the point of interruption since they were clearly given false info by the scorer.
Can you cite a rule that says it is correctable?

You're missing the whole point.The scorer did NOT make an error per se. The team actually took 6 TO's. The scorer had 6 TO's in the official score book. Can you show me where there is any error to correct in that situation?

What you and your assignors are advocating is having the scorer MAKE a book error, not CORRECT a book error. You want them to put the WRONG number of TO's in the book---> 5.

I hope that all of those assignors that told you ignore the rules and make up your own never work in the Big Sky Conference. They don't take kindly there to officials who don't follow the rules. Come to think of it, I can't think of any conference anywhere that would let you away with over-riding the rule book just because you didn't think it was right.

Yes, the scorer gave out wrong information. That doesn't alter the fact that the scorebook was completely correct in the number of TO's taken by that team.

Is it a bad situation? Sureasheck is! As an official, can you do anything about it under the rules? No!