View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 29, 2008, 12:15pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon30307
I hate to call Tees because of bookkeeping errors or calling excessive timeouts. I will of course do what I have to do. I see no problem keeping the teams informed as to the number of time outs left in a tight game. It's common practice in my area. If I move to an area where it's frowned upon I will do what's common in that particular area.
I understand G but that doesn't address this particular portion of my post:
Quote:
And how would this procedure have helped in the OP's situation? All it would have done is caused a called to the commissioner/supervisor with the following verbiage:

YOUR referee told me we had 1 time-out left. Later in the game when I called that time-out YOUR referee assessed a Technical foul against my team because YOUR referee then said there was a mistake and we really had 0 times-out left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl
be working very long if you don't...

and yes you have to count it, you can't penalize the one player who knew what was going on. That same error is the reason Tommy O'Neil one year didn't advance very far in the tourny. He announced two when it was 1-1 and one player knew what was going on and it was late in a tight ball game and did affect the outcome possibly. Wether you got it right or wrong the ball is still live after the shot. Your bad, move on.
Whoa Nelly!!!
This scenario is covered in the rule/case book and that is not the way you handle this scenario.