View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 29, 2008, 12:00am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for all of the replies

The official scorer was a adult (this was a sectional tourney game) I don't know how he messed this up and gave the ref the wrong info. I kept the scorebook for years and towards the end of a close game during a time out I have had refs come over to the table and ask how many time outs each team has left and then go tell each coach (I think this is good preventative officiating) You also communicate with the other book to make sure you are on the same page (this apparently wasn't done) I have a feeling this wasn't done until the last time out was called and then they discovered the error. There was so much that could of been done to prevent this from happening From coaches and score keepers) It is to bad the refs were put in this position, of course the crowd was all over them and this wasn't their fault, they were given the wrong information. Also when a team is out of time outs you make sure the refs know so they can tell the coaches and then if they call time out it is their fault. I really enjoy reading this board it is amazing all of the things that can happen during a game and I like reading all of the comments everyone has and alot of times it has happened in one of their games.