View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
Quote:
Yup, but there's no rule that requires the players to keep their hands within the various planes around their lane spaces; yet I've seen officials warn the players to stay "straight up" or "within your lanes."
There is, somewhere, either in the interpetations or the rules or in some training material I have. I don't know
I can't find where it's written right now, how ever, there are two types of lines. Lines who act like a wall and lines with air above them.
When you're standing at a FT the line around you is a wall, you're not allowed to cross it before the shooter has released the ball.
I'll try and find it for you, but I'm absolutley sure I'm right about this one.

Quote:
Yes Duane, there is a Fiba casebook dated 2004 available in NZ so it must have been available in Oz, I have one.
cheers.........Nick
There is, according to fiba.com, no official casebook for FIBA.
How ever I belive that some local fiba-associations have produced own casebooks. But there is no world-wide fiba casebook.
from FIBA.com
Quote:
: Where can I get a FIBA Casebook?

There is no FIBA Casebook. FIBA does not publish casebooks.
I think that this is (like I sad) way to vauge for me to call it.
Even though the game should be played inbounds, I can't go and T a player just becuse I say that this is the rule and he then must listen. That'll just turn the players against you (since they'll think that you're making up the rules).
I don't know, but I don't like the idea of a phantom or ghost rule wich some call and some don't, it seams that nobody has some real and plain text of it, and until I get it. I won't call this...