View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Crazy ending last night..........

found this on another board:
Quote:
So last night I went to the Albany/Mcmain 3A boys playoff game. Albany was down by 1 and had the ball with 10 seconds left. They put up a shot and miss and Mcmain grabs the rebound. Albany fouls the Mcmain player with 0.1 seconds on the clock sending him to the line for 2 shots(it was double bonus). Now most people, including myself, would think the game would be over. Seriously, Mcmain is shooting 2 free throws, with the lead, with only 0.1 seconds on the clock. So people start to file out of the gym. Well, out of nowhere for some odd reason, one of the Mcmain players un-tucks his jersey and attempts to remove it before the free throws are shot. The referees instantly T him up. UNBELIEVABLE!!! So now Albany gets 2 technical shots after Mcmain attempts their 2 foul shots. I couldn't believe what I just saw. The Mcmain player at the line then manages to miss not one but both free throws. Now Albany has a chance to tie or win it with their free throws. The first rims out. The second hits the back of the iron, bounces high in the air, and straight through the net. The game then proceeds to overtime where Albany wins it 67-63!

Definitely the weirdest ending to any game that I have ever seen.
This was a second round game in the Louisiana Boys State Playoffs played at Albany HS. Albany HS is in Livingston Parish, just outside of Baton Rouge. McMain HS is in New Orleans, LA

I have no idea what the young man from McMain was trying to accomplish by removing his jersey with time on the clock, but what he did do was cause his team to lose.
"Earl Strom is a throwback, a reminder of the days when the refs had colorful personalities, the days when war-horses like Mendy Rudolph, Norm Drucker, and a younger Earl Strom were called the father, the son, and the holy ghost.—Roy Firestone, sports commentator