View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 01:54am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
If you did a game with me, I would have more important things to worry about. I'm often amazed at how things like this are scrutinized so much at the high school level (college too) yet there are so many officials who should use their game fees to buy a clue!

Edit: that came out wrong. I'm not saying you would make me worry about other things. I'm saying that there are more important things to worry about than how many times someone blows a whistle. What annoys me is officials blowing the whistle to communicate everything like subs, fouls, subs, violations, subs, out of bounds and...subs. It kind of de-values the whistle when it is used for everything.
I'm in Australia right now so my books are half a world away, but I believe whistling in subs was added to the NFHS manual this season.

I CAN'T STAND when a partner doesn't whistle in subs. Why? Because with a whistle I don't have to look to see if he/she has the subs or not and when there's no whistle, I do look.

I allow the horn to go and then a distinct whistle. Another sub comes up, another whistle.