View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2008, 12:24pm
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckref
Just for clarity: crazy voyageur works FIBA I believe. In FIBA striking the ball with your fist is always a violation (FIBA 13.2.1) I have not seen anyone use advantage/disadvantage with this rule. Under FIBA a player leaving the court to avoid a defender is immediately (when they go out of bounds) given a warning then if repeated a technical foul is charged (FIBA casebook 38-5 and 38-7).
In regards to your warning a player who goes out of bounds. Where do you get your interpretation from. We have been discussing this at length recently and the case plays you speak of refer to failing to follow an officials directions. As far as the warning is it not given when the player gains an advantage, such as avoiding a defender or does it deceptively? There is still some grey areas that fall under the judgement of the official on this call, IMO.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.