View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 10:18pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Massachusetts Handshake Update

Well, I worked a first round boys playoff game tonight. It ended up being about a 4 point game. Lots of fouls in the second half, and the losing team just went ice cold in the fourth quarter.

Because of the close score, we probably should've left the court right away, but the AD and a police officer were ready to come on the floor with us to observe the handshake. So we stayed. The game administration did their part, so my partners and I decided that we should stay.

After the handshake, we walk to the door, where a "fan" has left his seat and is waiting for us. He says to me, "How the he!! do you sleep at night?"

I turned to the AD and said "THAT is exactly why we shouldn't be out on the floor."

The "fan" then says, "Do you want to get f***in' laid out?"

We kept walking and I think the cop stopped the guy from following us. The game site administration did everything it was supposed to do, but this moron still gets to verbally assault us.

I am NEVER staying for another handshake as long as I live and if it means I never work another high school game, so be it. I will call the tournament assignor tomorrow morning to tell him exactly that. The only reason I haven't called yet is because I know I will end up yelling at him and it's not his fault.

NEVER AGAIN!!