Thread: Wreck ball...
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

The fact that you refer to it as "wreck" ball (although probably true), tells me that you're not particularly fond of this league or level of play, so why subject yourself to it? I used to work some men's leagues when I first started, but I don't like the BS and whining you hear from the guys, so I stopped.

If it's really that bad, then officiating this kind of ball is going to frustrate you and you won't get anything out of it. Kind of like when a team is up by 30 points and still keeping on a full court press "just for the practice of pressing".

If the league has a decent skill level and (more importantly) will keep you focused, I say go for it. Otherwise pass as you'll wind up watching the clock (waiting for all zeros at the end of your final game) and you'll get lazy with your call selection and mechanics. If you want to do it just to keep in shape...go for a walk or join a gym.

AAU tournaments can provide some good games and the chance to see teams from outside of your local area, but it's been my experience to stay away from in-town rec/wreck stuff.