Thread: Wreck ball...
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
I think I'm going to open my availability to Wreck ball... I need to keep officiating. I've done about 65 games in the last 3 months, but I feel I need more... I'm hoping this will get me ready for next season by continuing with wreck and summer league ball.

Any advice...
Why not? You're new and the more games you do the better. I enjoy a good rec league with skilled players and rarely have had any problems. I probably do 50 games a year and have only a handful of T's. I look for mutual respect from players and it has served me well over the years. It's a warmup for me also with the speed of skilled players, many ex college guys and good high school players for my high school games and situations above the rim. The older guys(over 35 )can present more problems with their diminishing skill levels who still think they have 'game', it's also a good place to work on your 'people skills'.

If I have a 3 or 4 game set I'll work on my mechanics for a game or pick a half to try focus on coverage or reffing the defense or whatever.

IMHO, I think doing rec ball will help you confidence wise. Being in your first year, I don't think your mechanics will go to heck.