Thread: Wreck ball...
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 10:07am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
One of the hardest parts I find about switching between "the senior circuit" and "wreck ball" is the level of my partners. The level of actual play is easier for me to adjust to.

The "wreck" officials are often unschooled and have the same understanding of the rules as the coaches, players, fans, etc. Maybe young kids who don't care so much, looking for some extra cash, distracted, etc. Therefore I find it especially harder to watch my primary and let them do their jobs - they ball watch most of the time.

Helping with the rules, teaching, mentoring, helping the younger officials (those that want to learn) - I certainly enjoy that part of wreck ball and the fact that some coaches and players actually appreciate having a "real official" who actually looks the part, knows most of the rules (I still have a ways to go though) and puts out the effort.

Concentrate on things you want to work on and don't burnout. Good for you for giving back!

(edited for spelling - duh)

Last edited by grunewar; Mon Feb 25, 2008 at 10:11am.