View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 03:21am
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
Since all obstruction on runners in FED is delayed dead, what is the proper mechanic to use when the obstruction is on the runner a play is being made on? I had an unusual obstruction in a game Friday night where one player obstructed and another player made the swipe tag at the plate. Everything was bang bang. I signaled safe and gave the obstruction signal. I verbalized, "Safe! Runner is safe on the obstruction! Safe!"
Always state and signal the obstruction first then make the call. Thats the way it happens, right? If you make a call that appears to be wierd (an obvious out called safr by OBS) you get that OBS point over first. If you want to reiterate the OBS after the call, no problemo.

Last edited by fitump56; Tue Feb 26, 2008 at 03:06am.