View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 18, 2008, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Dude, I did not see anything on the tape that was other than the "Travel" and you could not tell if that is what was called. It looked like a carry might have been called. I could not see that on the close up what the official signaled.

The last shot the shooter jumped into the defender and no they are not allowed special protection because they are the shooter. If anything that could have been a foul on the shooter. It is not the job of the officials to "protect the shooter." It is the job to see if they fall to the ground, why did they fall. Good no call.

Peace
Dude, watch the T (if you can't see the signal, maybe that explains your opinion on both of these plays ). He signals travel immediately (not the slo-mo replay). How you have a possible carry is absurd. The guard swinging around reaches out with right hand to catch a high bounce pass and brings it in. Worst case scenario is that right foot is the pivot. He starts his dribble with the right foot still on the ground. Not a travel last I knew....

As far as the last shot by UAB, the UAB player maintained his course of direction all the way through the shot. Defender never had LGP as he was coming in from the side. At 1:39 of video there is space between the players as the UAB players goes up for shot. Defender bails out, trying to take a charge, still no LGP, causing shooter to go down. Dumb play by defender, I'm shooting 3.

I never mentioned anything about 'protecting the shooter'. I asked if, by NCAA rules, the shooter is allowed to come back to the floor safely.