View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 17, 2008, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertclasalle
Jurassic Referee uses the word "sad" repeatedly, and he is more than correct. "Disgusting" is even a better word, but JR is more forgiving than me. No offense to the 17 year old official, who was no doubt intimidated by an "adult," (I have a 17 year old daughter) and I assume this young official is still innocent and trusting in the behavior of those of us who should know better, but if I'm working that game, I put 60 seconds on the clock for the coach to leave, then the game is over, and I send a report to my IAABO Board. I'm married to a school principal, she read this post and said her coach would be history and her school sports program would be history until the involved parents wrote letters of apology to the official. Let the parents go home and explain their deplorable behavior to their kids, who, let's not forget, are the beneficiaries and the victims of all this. Enough is enough with this BS, IMHO.
#1, I doubt seriously that Jurassic Referee is more forgiving than you.

#2, 17 y/o referees are not as equipped as you and don't know/understand how to handle such situaitons.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith