View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 16, 2008, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
Every new interpretation offered with the removal of lag time says that the time seen on the clock once the whistle is blown is restored to the clock. There is no distinction between 0.1 second and 2.0 seconds. If you see it, you put it back. Before, you'd only put it back if the delta were greater than 1 second. That's all that changed. You're suggesting that there is still some threshhold where you don't put it back.

Let's assume you (Jurrassic) are right. How much time does it take before you'd put something back??? How much time must you observe on the clock before it is not "so near" that you'll put it back?

You're not going to reply, I know, because you won't be able to post an answer that has any backing. If you do reply with a number, you'll be completely making it up.

Imagine the whistle blows at 2.0 and everyone sees 2.0 but the timer drops the handheld switchbox and can't get it stopped for 2 seconds. According to you, since the timer stopped it as fast as they could (there is no mention in the rule of exceptions to the exception), no adjustment can be made. Of course, this is preposterous.
What's preposterous is this much arguing about two tenths of a second. Two tenths. Not two seconds. I don't know what the threshold is, but it's sure greater than two tenths of a second. In the OP the time told the refs AFTER the shots were taken that she had seen two tenths. I'm doubting that. And the game is over. No rules basis to do anything else.