View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 02:51pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Not everybody will get together to form study groups (it is a good idea though), not everybody will take practice tests (it's not the LSAT), do practice tests make you a better umpire or does it make you a better test taker?
They are tools to help learn and retain the rules. I didn't know practice tests were limited to school entrance exams.

I suppose a test where everybody is intended to pass is a good if you're not concerned about testing actual knowledge.

When I used to work softball, we had an open book ASA test. This seemed to allow a lot of warm bodies in that read the rules once or twice but never really learned them. Once we went to a closed book test, a lot of those people either went away or had to learn the rules better. I was perfectly happy with this because I do NOT like working with people that don't know the rules.

Quote:
I think we're going to continue to split hairs here...want to call a truce?
It's a slow Friday at work but I'm tired of this discussion going in circles so I'm fine with that.