View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 02:33pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to Moshiner1345
time put back on the clock??

Okay had a BV game last night. I know the situation wasn't handled correctly, but I want to get it right next time. Team A is fouled during a shot, the basket counts, so we're going to shoot the "and 1" free throw. The made basket puts team A up by 1 point. There is 6 secs to go on the clock (the clock does not have tenths of a second on the score board) (Both teams are in the double bonus.)

A1 misses the "and 1" free throw, B1 grabs the rebound and dribbles the length of the floor, as B1 is dribbling down the floor, A2 literally runs over B1 and knocks him to the ground. My partner Trail (referee) calls a common foul, the whistle sounds "tweet", the horn goes off "Buzzz". We have a conference.

Neither myself or my 2 partners have definite knowledge of how much time was on the clock when the whistle sounded, because there is no tenths on the clock, as soon as I heard the whistle I look up, and the clock shows 0:00 then "buzz" goes the horn. We line up B1 to shoot two shots with no one lined up along the lane, and no time on the clock, he drains both free throws. Team B wins by 1.

That's what should have happened right????

Now here is where I know my partner (Referee and the Trail who called the common foul) messes up...

Myself and U2 are running off the floor. After B1 makes his 2nd free throw. Game should be over. When we hear "Tweet Tweet Tweet" The Referee calls us over and says he's putting .2 seconds on the clock, because the the score/time keeper says on his score board control box at the table there is tenths of seconds, and when the whistle sounded there was .2 seconds left. But he couldn't stop the clock that fast.

Well Crap I say, we shot the double bonus free throws with neither team lined up. What if he'd missed the 2nd freethrow. The Referee says, he made both free throws. Give A the ball OOB under B's basket with the freedom to move and .2 on the timer's box. A throws the ball full court deflected game over.

What should have been done?