View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2008, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFFICIAL
That being the case. When I watch the College men play on TV. It looks like they receive passes and get an extra step to "position" themselves-not all do it all the time but a fair number seem to gain a step. Comments...
I whole-heartedly agree. IMO, I'd say over 50% of the time when a player catches a pass in the air that the first foot that comes down to the floor, does NOT end up being their pivot foot. Now most of these type plays are out on the wing or top of the key, so some would say it really doesn't affect anything. The one big advantage that I see is that when the defender is right with the offensive player, when that offense player utilizes the 2nd foot down as the pivot it can create a big enough gap between them to end a closely guarded count.

Bugs the heck out of me though. And it is such an easy call to make. First foot to touch the floor is the pivot, can't get much easier than that.

I would like to know why these aren't being called in college??? Maybe it's more of the NBA trickle down........