View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2008, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
but these Congressmen should be ashamed of themselves for wasting everyone's time and taxpayer money with this grandstanding.
Agreed, The Economy is in shambles, Foreclosers at a very high rate. People out of work and Congress is getting involved in something that is not their business.

But that's the world we live in. It's all about ME and Congress feels they can get some exposure and maybe help them get votes.

FWIW, Roger should blame himself and all the members of the players union. There was no policy and eventually this was going to happen.

My problem with this whole thing is this:

Either name ALL who have done the "juice" or none. We all know there were way more than 80 players who took the stuff. More like 700-800

IMO, Seileg is a coward. He should have simply said to Congress IN THE BEGINNING - It's MY bad, and then laid out his new policy and moved forward - End of Story similar to what the late Pete Rosell did when football had a rampant problem with steroid abuse in football.

Commisioner Rosell did not give names etc. He simply set a policy and moved forward NOT backward.

Pete Booth