View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2008, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
Probably old hat to whine about me doing this, I'm about 100% sure I posted here when it happened.. about what to do when the teams are doing around the horn appeals, etc. and proper game management for that attitude. It was last year or the year before.
I can't recall that thread, but I've only been here for just under a year anyway. If they start going around the horn, I'd honor the first appeal and make my call. However, if it's obvious they intend to go around the horn for every runner (or even one runner), I'm telling them, "fellas, I'm not gonna listen to a guessing game" (unless the runner really DID miss the base).

They either have an appeal, or they don't. If they're guessing, I'm continuing the game. If they keep it up, I'm pulling the coach/captain aside and telling him/her to knock it off, or I'm tossing him/her for allowing them to behave in an unsportsmanlike manner and delaying the game.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.