View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2008, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks
Be honest - If you had this play in your biggest rivalry game under similar circumstances (under 2 or 3 seconds), do you take the foul or pass?
Of course I call the foul! Absolutely! Every time!

(Unless I was actually there, then I would like to think I would call it. Unless I pass on it because it's so far away from the basket, and so close to time expiring...)

That's a hard question to answer, because I don't think any of us really know until we're actually put in that spot. Plus, there are so many other factors that might creep in, having worked the whole game up to that moment. Would I be thinking that I passed on some obvious fouls before this that I should've gotten, so I better get this one? Or, am I thinking I called some ticky-tack stuff earlier, so this one better be obvious? Have I been running my a$$ off all game, so am I mentally tired at this moment?

If someone asked me if I would run into a burning building to save someone, I know I would say yes (now). But I wouldn't know for sure until I was actually standing next to that burning building. I would like to think I'll make the right choice.

(Used with permission.)