View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 14, 2002, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Love2ref4Ever
I am Not Ready!

I have heard similar things from a couple of officials.
From my own expierences I have seen good officials "fade away" during the course of a camp week. If it's a camp where you work three games a day, for four to five days you better come in shape and be ready to hustle by day four and five.Also if the camp games are all played out doors This may be extra work on your body, so be prepared.One of the reccomomdations he mention was "game management, and camp coaches & players can get really crazy sometimes. So you have to be able to communicate with them, and if you must "take care of business." I also agree that anyone can "blow there whistle," it's the calls you don't make determines how good of a official you are.One thing that bothers me sometimes about D1 officials is, if you ask them what camps should you attend they sometimes wll not suggest any one paticular camp. I was told this is due to the fact that if this paticular camp does not work out for you, you can't say "why did you suggest that I attend this camp?" Yet if they ask you what camp(s) will you be attending and you mention a paticular camp, sometimes there response may be "Why are you going to that camp?" The best one I have heard from a D1 official is, if you want to go far in this business you need to have a godfather that can help you.