View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 12, 2008, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMOzebra
Coach deserved this T no matter how you slice it. I've noticed a trend, at least locally: coaches will say something that seems totally innocent, but in the same unbelievably condescending tone of voice that my pre-teen sometimes uses...and then have the nerve to ask how you could give them a T for saying that?
Sounds kind of like a T I gave at this same tourney on Saturday. Boys Varsity. I was working with a couple of pretty new V officials. Partner made a call that coach didn't like. I was C, all the way across the floor from the bench of the coach who's team had just been assessed a foul. As my partner was reporting, Coach threw a roll of athletic tape at his gym bag which was on the floor between his bench and the table. Tape bounced off and rolled out on the floor a little way. I waited a second to see if my partner was going to do anything about it, I assessed the T. As I went to report, coach was just flabbergasted that I had assessed it. He said, "I threw it at my bag, it just happened to bounce out on the floor." I said, "That's exactly right Ed, You THREW IT." He would have gotten the T even if it had landed and stayed in his bag. His team ended up losing by 2, after leading but as much as 14 in the 3rd quarter. Their star player fouled out on a PC foul with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. After the game, I ran into him in the cafeteria, and he said we did a nice job, but that he still didn't think he deserved the technical.

Last edited by WhistlesAndStripes; Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 10:49am.