View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 11, 2008, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

Starting OT with 2 shots and the ball

Had a game Saturday afternoon -- Girls Varsity. V is up by 2 with about 10 seconds left. H with the ball. The manage to dump it into the post to someone wide open for a game tying layup. V calls Timeout, which I grant, and immediately look at the clock upon blowing my whistle. As I look at the clock, it is already stopped, with 2 seconds left. V wants more time put up, but I turn em down. They get nothing on their inbound, and we're headed for overtime. After the timeout before we begin overtime, Assistant, who was whining before the timeout period about more time, now starts saying that this is the second half in a row that the other team has gotten into double bonus and they haven't. Team fouls on the board were 10-9, and it may have actually been 11 or 12. Anyhow, I tell the Head Coach that he needs to get his assistant under control or it's going to cost him. His response, as my partner is entering the circle for the toss, is, "Well, he's just telling the truth." WHACK!!! I just have no tolerance these days for coaches who think they have to get the last word in.