View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 08, 2008, 05:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
It went fine; no major problems. Gardner ended up pulling away in the 4th qtr. last night over Donovan, after being close all game. Gardner fans had a tendancy to be a little mouthy, but game management took care of that rather quickly.

The only glitch was after we had a held ball in the 4th qtr., and gave it to Gardner, as per the arrow. As she's dribbling down the court, the Donovan scorekeeper starts yelling that it should be their ball. Of course, their coach starts questioning it as well, so my partner, who's in front of the table, stops play at a good point, and checks with the table. Official scorekeeper (from host school) has white getting the ball to start the quarter, and no other held balls up to that point. The Donovan scorekeeper insists we missed one, so we ask if he had written down the time of the held ball during the 4th quarter. Of course he hadn't, while the official book had written in all times of previous held balls. He calmed down a little after we also reminded him of a play where two players were tied up, I started coming in with the held ball, and my partner came in harder and had a foul first. I believe he thought that was the last held ball.

Host school management was great, hospitality room was good, and there was a pretty good crowd from both schools. All in all, a pretty good night.
I didn't think you could do that !