View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 08, 2008, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

Who is the shooter?

JV last night - well into 4th quarter - non-shooting foul. Look up at scoreboard - and see them change to 6 team fouls. Inbound ball and team B steals. They are up by 3 and go into a 4 corner offense. A lot of action and time pass without a whistle. Suddenly the horn goes off - long and sustained. Partner hits whistle to stop play. Table informs him that there was a bookkeeping error and the last foul was really the 7th and should have been bonus. Ok - can correct. We jog to other end and after talking, partner and I realize that we have a brain fart on who the the shooter is. Partner is R and is administering. The girls are all congregated by the lane. One girl from team A asks him who is shooting. His reply is - "the girl who was fouled." AND - four members of team A step to the line! It was awesome - not even the slightest hesitation. My partner's face - PRICELESS! I almost wet myself. Over at tableside - both coaches cracking up as well. After conferencing - everyone agreed on shooter.

Funniest moment on court in a long time!