View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 07, 2008, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have a Don Joy that doesn't quite fit right. It's too loose around the knee-cap. I guess the swelling had not fully subsided when I got fitted. The one year recovery/rehab you mentioned is precisely what my doc told me. He was once the Detroit Lions team doctor. I was hoping that some of the Barry Sanders 'magic' would rub off on me, but instead I think it was more like Colonel Sanders!
Bob M,
Bob M,

I started out with a "Lennox Hill", brace ala Joe Namath in 1981. I've seen a lot of technology improvements in the last 25+years. I had a Don Joy that was a little "loose" about 5 yr ago (it was 5+years old at the time) and the knee hyperextended one day, tore more miniscus and "locked up". After that scope, I got a new, better fitting brace which I been using for the past 5+ years without problems. One thing to check, put the brace on, stand up and try to slide the brace down toward your ankle. If it moves downward, that's bad and you need a new, better fitting one. If it doesn't, then you can get "thicker" condyle pads to take up some of the "room between" the sides of the brace and the knee cap.

It sounds like you are "better off" than I. I can't run much without the knee "flopping" about because of the laxity.