View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 06, 2008, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblehman
Been officiating for a couple of years now, and when I started I bought a pair of Reebok shoes. Nothing special, moderately priced. A few weeks ago I did a weekend tournament and noticed my lower back getting sore, so I bought some inserts to give me a bit more heel cushion. That took care of the sore back, but the inserts seem to have taken some balance off my arch, so now my feet get a little tired and sore after just a few games.

All that to ask the veterans here which shoes you've found to be the most comfortable for you? (Keep in mind that I'm not Bill Gates, so budget is important.) FWIW, I'm a normal sized zebra; 5'-10" and 180lbs.

Your shoe insights will be appreciated!
My first year, I had no clue and bought some cheap shoe that I discarded after my second game. I'm with JR, spend the extra bucks and get the right shoe for you. While you're at it, look sharp in your uni, pants pressed,not too short or long, slight break, shirt tucked in, sized right, jacket with no wrinkles, compression shorts, a wicking type black shirt. Hair neat, clean shaven.

Good shoes with inserts are heaven to me.

If I can't ref a lick, I at least want to look like one