View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 06, 2008, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblehman
What are some of the stupidest things you've heard fans say during a game?
I have 2 examples. Here is #1:

Grade school tournament, girl’s game, running clock until final 2 minutes. Small gym, overzealous parents right on top of us. Team A leading Team B by about 6 points with 8-min to go. A1 fouled on shot, goes to line for 2FTs. Scorekeeper mistakenly stops the clock for FTs but it's not noticed until play resumes and clock is not running. I go over to clear it up, explain to the kid to let it run until 2-min, resume play. With 6-min to go B1 is fouled and goes to the line with her team still down by 6 pts. I am trail. Team B father in stands right behind me complains that the clock is still running during FTs. I tell him it's a running clock until 2-min left. FT is missed, ball goes OB right next to this guy. I'm standing there to IB the ball and he says, "that's not fair, it was stopped for the other team's free throws! Why do they get an advantage?" I respond, "your team is behind, right? Whose advantage is it when the clock stops?" All the fans around him got it (and started snickering). I don't think he did.