View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 06, 2008, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
I know this is not in the OP, but I had a game this past weekend (NCAA-W). Girl saves the ball in the air but is going out of bounds and while still airborne calls a time-out. Of course, I don't allow the TO, I call an OOB violation and point to the direction the ball was going, which is the same direction as the bench of the player that called a timeout. I'm walking by the coach and she says 30 second, I told her no it's an OOB violation and I couldn't grant her player that time out request. The wierdest thing about this play is that the girl that called timeout in the air, actually got one foot down inbounds (ala football receiver), then hopped out of bounds. I think me and the opposing coach was the only that saw that because she was calling for a travel violation. I was trail and I asked my L partner if he saw that and he said no she came down oob, good call. I was pretty much on top of the play and I'm pretty close to 100% sure I saw her come down in bounds, but I already called the violation when she landed.
I thought it was legal to grant the TO as the player is saving the ball from oob? But then if she did come down inbounds, why not grant the TO? I don't understand your thinking here?