View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 04, 2008, 08:19pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Partner cancels FT

I'm trail on 1st of 2 FTs. Non-shooting team positions B12 near endline by their basket. A3 goes back to keep him company. These two had been going at it pretty good during the game and I wanted to keep an eye on them so I backed up to the division line and opened up my stance so I could watch FT and the 2 players in the backcourt. After the first shot, B 12 moves to the opposite corner on my side, and, as the ball is being administered to the shooter, I move across court to tableside so I can cover my area and still keep an eye on the distant players. I know this is not an accepted mechanic but I did not want them to be out of my sight. My partner, after a successful 2nd FT, cancels the shot and insists on re-shooting. I told him to play on and inbound the ball to B but he insisted on reshooting. In the interest of expediency I let him reshoot the last FT.

After the game I reminded him it is not proper to take points off the board unless there is a 2-10 situation. He thought I was going to check something at the table. I told him I know how to use a whistle and, in the absence of a whistle from me he should carry on and ignore my movements

Any comments???