View Single Post
Old Fri May 26, 2000, 05:12am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

OK, I"m a newbie here,not to officiating but to this post.I"ve read most all the posts for the past month or so and like all the comments and feedback.(by the way Mark Padgett,your humor kills me!)
We"ve got to put this topic of "ref-stats"
to rest.The only stat. I want to see is the one from my evaluator and or "Qualified"
offical.They usually ask me why I made a certain call in that certain situation.
Most refs no that calls are not just black and white according to the rule book. but that the rules are applied in situations and
all situations are different..(adv./disadv.)
REF-STATS c"mon get real..and who will evaluate these stats.
Coach?.....hmm the same coach that yells 3 sec. in the key during non-control tip drills from a rebound....NO I dont think so
Players?....hmm the same players that blame us for loseing the game for them even though
they mist numerous 6 ft jumpers and lay-ups
during the game and wouldn"t understand
adv/disadv if you explained it to them for the 5th time....NO I dont think so
Fans?.....hmm the same fans that sit in the second balcony 15th row seat 12 and scream
3 seconds in the key or he got hacked or pushed or "you gotta call it even ref"
or etc etc etc........NO i dont think so
Media?....hmm..see above def. for fans
All of the above have NO CLUE about basket ball..oh sure the ball has to go threw that metal thingie to win. All good refs.go to class, clinics, summer leagues, and past tests to earn there court time. lets keep it that way.......