View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 31, 2008, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08
I'm just wondering how deviant a guy can be working in "A" with 35 some players and probably a few hundred fans in the stands. While I don't condone any type of illegal behavior...sounds like a money making scheme to me...it's not necessary.
And how does a teacher, in front of 30 students and within a short distance of a dozen administrators act in a deviant manner?

Or, how about the basketball coach in Lynwood, Washington, or the softball coach in Spokane, or the soccer coach in Florida...they all ply their trade in front of multiple players, parents and fans.

They find a way, outside of the arena, to have contact with someone with whom they have built a trust due to their position and contact with them. Be it in a parking lot, locker room, coaches home, player's home...or in one case in Spokane, on a public sidewalk...the truly deviant find a way.

Background checks won't completely put an end to a deviant's behavior, but they will help limit his contact with potential victims and alert the public to the potential danger.

Last edited by GarthB; Thu Jan 31, 2008 at 03:58pm.