View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2008, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

I'm the U in a Thanksgiving Day game with several thousand fans watching. Home team snaps from shotgun w/empty backfield from the 50 yard line and the QB immediately retreats while looking for a receiver. I head toward the LOS and catch the WR on my left crossing shallow planning to use me as a pick. I stop letting him and the defender cross safely in front of me just as the QB throws downfield on my left, while I get crushed by the TE who's crossing from my right.

He picks me right up off of the ground and I land a$$ first, whack the back of my head and am in la-la land for a second or two. I jump up, look downfield and see the HL with the ball just in from the sideline at the 3 yard line. So I dutifully hustle downfield to the hash in front of where the HL is standing, get the ball and spot it (I'm assuming 1st & goal from the 3).

Nobody says a word as I'm standing over the ball when I notice/realize the kicker is in and setting up a block for a try, just as he turns toward me and asks to have the ball spotted in the "middle of the field". The play had gone for a TD and no other crew member had told me, or maybe I was just so out of it I didn't hear anyone.

Don't remember the following kick-off, and a few plays latter at halftime in the locker room I got the what the hell happened out there?

Last edited by RoyGardner; Wed Jan 30, 2008 at 07:04pm.