View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2008, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

If I am standing at the spot during a timeout and someone asks me something like a rules question or intepretation, I will answer it. If someone is lobbying for a call, I'll ignore it.

Last week, I did what was probably the best girls JV game I ever saw. Two all girl Catholic schools who are located less than 5 miles apart. Bitter rivals. Both always good programs. The gym was packed when I got there at halftime of the freshman game. As a product of one of the all male high schools from the same side of town, I knew ALOT of the Dads in the crowd. It was a very intense but well played game. Midway through the fourth quarter, I was standing with the ball at the spot during a time out. I had a old man (at least 75) berate me the whole time about how he's been watching basketball for over 50 years and I am the worst referee he's ever seen. 30 seconds later, I'm standing at a different spot and another fan starts saying how this is the best referee'd game he has ever seen. (They were both fans of the same team) I just laugh at all that stuff.