View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 10, 2002, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Okay time for the annual introspective wallow...

1. How to Practice Your Toss: Find a hoop with no net, stand under it, and throw the ball up, until it goes up, through and back down into your waiting hands. The only thing that should be different in your games is that you will NEVER catch the ball.

2. It really is possible to do more than you ever thought. I've always settled for good enough, until I started reffing. I don't think there's anything wrong with good enough, but if you want more than that badly enough it's available, somehow.

3. You don't have to like someone to admire their work. I won't go into details, except to say that there was one guy at camp who really surprised me, pleasantly. I still don't like him, though.

4. Age-ism is going to be an issue for me. I'm going to have to work twice as hard as a younger woman would to get very far out of high school. But being female, and older is only two strikes against me, not three, so I'm not "out" yet!!

5. I'm very, very fortunate to live in the Portland area where there is so much good training and good basketball (excluding the Jailblazers).

6. You can teach an old dog new tricks!!

Added Later:

And be sure to see Stripes thread called "Camp Notes." I was looking for his thread, while Stripes was working on it, and so I couldn't find it, so just consider my thread here just a continuation of his.

[Edited by rainmaker on Jun 10th, 2002 at 02:20 PM]