View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 05:32pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
One would hope so. But one would have been frustrated in this case.

I'm very vocal and quite loud. People don't normally have any trouble hearing or understanding me. But there were still multiple occassions where I'm standing on H's baseline, holding the ball, while the other team is setting up to defend the throw-in, and I'm having to ask a second or third time for a thrower. One time, after having called "White" one girl looks at me and says, "I thought you said black." Really? Apparently none of the black players thought so. Another time, after calling out "stays here" and again having to call for a thrower, a girl (possibly the same girl?) says, "Oh, is it ours?" There were other instances in this game. In every case I clearly vocalized the direction and pointed. Maybe I should have asked the H-AC to text the call to his girls?
It's stunning to me how, so often after a timeout, a team will come out of the huddle and ask "whose ball is it?" I mean, what was discussed during the 60 seconds you were in the huddle? Post-game plans?

How can players (and it's usually girls who exhibit this trait) not have any clue what's going on in the game?

Last edited by Rich; Mon Jan 28, 2008 at 05:34pm.