Thread: A-11 Offense ??
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBryan
Dear Officials:

This should help you all:

1. There are NO problems in California with Officials managing a game involving the A-11 offense - a Fact is Fact.
I would submit there are plenty of problems managing this type of game. I think it would be better to say the officials found nothing illegal per the rules about it.

Quote:
2. The A-11 was already reviewed under many criteria and one of them was: did it make a travesty of the game? - the answer was no, not at all.
Not much to add here, since I agree as far as rule interpretation is involved. I still believe we will see a rule revision to the exception however, so the desire to use the travesty rule will not be necessary.

Quote:
3. Case Rule Book Interpretation: The offense is legal, has an entire season under its belt already with actual living breathing officials working the games - with NO problems - so those interpretations have already been documented, and the offense is legal because of the rules (BktBallRef is correct).
This makes me wonder if you have the correct idea of what the case book is and it's interpretations. The case book is produced by the NFHS and consists of specific play examples and what the correct rulings would be. It is often used to clarify rules that might be confusing. The officials that worked your games did not provide case book documentation by what they ruled.

Quote:
4. Humbly, there are a lot of coaches who like what this offense brings to the game (but not everybody likes it - as is the case with any offense), and many coaches believe the future of the game is headed this way, etc.
Ruleswise, what coaches think some "innovation" brings to the game or what may be the "future" of the game is of no relevance.