Thread: Time of Award
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 28, 2008, 03:19pm
BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck
it is covered in the rule book. when the throw gets lodged in the uniform it is dead. how did it get there? it was thrown. what is the award for a thrown ball that becomes dead? 2 bases time of throw unless it was the first play by an infielder, then it's 2 bases time of pitch. the fed people have their heads so far up their own arses creating all these TWP to put in their books it's ridiculous.
Please cite specific reference in rule book that says a thrown ball lodging in a defensive player's uniform is dead at all? It's not covered in 5-1-5 or 5-1-2 and what is in 8-3-3c I think only could be reasonably interpreted to mean on the first play.

As I said earlier - a batter hits a short line drive. F8 dives, ball goes under glove to wall. F9 retireves ball throws to F4 who relays to F2 who catches BR between 3B and home. F2 throws to F5 and chases BR towards where pitcher is now waiting for throw from F5 instead, throw from F5 gets caught in F1's jersey. Do you really think an umpire is going to send the BR back to SECOND BASE???? I think not. The 08 CB has no examples remotely similar.

Part of the problem with FED rules is that sometimes the sentences run on and on so long it's difficult to sort out the real intention of the rule.